Monday, August 3, 2009


Raw

During the last year (most of which I was pregnant with Jesse) I ate about 50% raw. During that time I was eating farm fresh eggs, raw cheese, raw butter, and drinking a bit of raw milk. I was eating a mostly vegetarian diet..

I read the book Nourishing Traditions and loved it! It tells all about the benefits of eating a raw diet (including raw dairy, etc.) It details the difference in store-bought milk, and raw milk..and the difference in store-bought eggs, and cage free eggs, and so on. There is indeed a HUGE nutritional difference. It also tells all about the benefits if lacto-fermented foods (vegetables, kefir, etc.) Great book!

Now that I have a nursing baby, I cut out dairy altogether. Dairy causes all sorts of issues for babies, for me it's just not worth it.

After much research it is my goal to one day eat 100% raw. Right now I am doing the 80-10-10 It is going really well so far..

You can read testimonial after testimonial of people who switched to raw diets and eliminated all sorts of health issues without drugs! Obesity (or even being slightly over-weight), headaches, acne, diabetes, and cancer, just to name a few.

Here is a lady that lost 160 pounds just by going raw.
Here is a group of diabetics that got off insulin by eating raw.
Here is a RAW FOOD infomercial! and here is another!
Here is Woody Harrelson, a raw foodist!

No comments:

Post a Comment